Have you ever been in a situation where you lost your AutoCAD file, on which you have been working since 5 days. And after losing this file, you feel that all your hard work has wasted. Do you aware of the method, that how to recover the lost AytoCAD files. Then read this complete article to get the best solution to restore or recover AutoCAD files on Windows System.
AutoCAD stands for Computer Aided Design (CAD) which is a software application used for designing 3D and 2D formats. Today, this software is widely used by project managers, industries, architects, engineers etc for many purpose. This software has many advantages, however there are various reasons for an AutoCAD file to get lost or deleted. Some of the reasons may be accidental deletion, format, system crash, virus infection, power failure, improper termination of AutoCAD file and many more. But there are several methods available to get back the lost or deleted Auto CAD files on Windows system.
Have a look on the steps to recover deleted AutoCAD files on Windows system :
Follow the steps below to recover AutoCAD with the help of Auto save feature
- Launch the AutoCAD application
- Move to ‘Tools’ → select ‘Options’
- Go to ‘Files’ tab under Options
- Click on Automatic Save File Location in the files tab and search for the location of the auto save files.
- Choose the folder and try to search for your CAD file name, but the extension of the file should be different
- See the modified date of all files and if the time and date corresponds to your deleted or lost CAD file then modify the file extensions of those files from .bak or .sv$ to .dwg.
Step by step process to recover AutoCAD file with the help of using recover command
With the help of recover command you can retrieve your AutoCAD files as it is the simplest way to to recover your file using this command. Follow the given instructions :
- At first you need to open a new drawing → select File
- Choose Drawing utilities and then hit the ‘Recover’ button
- From the dialog box select the drawing
- Click OK
Recover the lost or deleted AutoCAD file by using a powerful recovery program
Photo Recovery Software is a reliable software which is especially designed to recover AutoCAD files (.dwg) along with other media files. This tool performs deep scanning and retrieves CAD file lost or deleted due to various reasons. Apart from retrieving DWG files, this software is, capable to recover other media files such as videos, photos, audios, documents, RAW images and many more from all kind of storage devices such as memory card, hard disk, iPods, USB etc. This software easily works on both Windows operating system and Mac OS as well and offers an effective recovery of the lost, deleted, corrupted or formatted from the different storage media.